Give Time: Volunteer
We welcome individuals interested in devoting some of their time to the residents of The Davis Community. Special talents are welcomed, but not required. Volunteers can assist in a variety of ways such as reading, writing cards and letters, sharing music, assisting with crafts and special events or simply spending time visiting with residents. We even have service dogs and therapy animals visit our residents and our resident animal companions, Haley the cat and Winston the parrot, bring joy to our residents each day.
For more information about the Davis Volunteer Program, contact Lisa Kurtz at The Health Care Center (910) 686-7195, email@example.com or Vicki Hardiman at Champions (910) 686-6462 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you play the piano or like to sing? Do you enjoy gardening or outdoor activities? Are you handy with crafts or like to sew? These talents and many more are needed in all of our communities. We have multiple outside gardens and even a large greenhouse, so we encourage people with “green thumbs” to help out. Residents enjoy gardening in the raised beds and in the greenhouse. Volunteers can help out residents by creating nursery items to sell to the public. The therapeutic gardening program at The Health Care is supported by the sale of plants grown by residents.
Everyone loves music- from classical to country to gospel. If you play an instrument or lead a singing group, let us know. We have many talented visitors that schedule a performance around the holidays but we would also appreciate a corps of volunteers, young and old, who could visit our campus year round. We offer coffee hours, concerts, and socials where music is always welcomed. We have even created a pub atmosphere at The Health Care center where games and beverages help create a social hub.
You may be surprised to know that we sometimes have needs for people to sew or repair items. Do you have that talent? Call us.
Strong voices are needed to help call Bingo games and we would like to have more volunteers to help bring residents to group activities. With the new household model of care, individual households enjoy creating recreational activities within the home but residents also like outings to the main building to socialize with friends.
Whatever your talent, we can find a way to connect you to someone who would enjoy visiting with you.
The Davis Community is owned and operated by Cornelia Nixon Davis, Inc. It is through the generous donations of individuals, corporations, and foundations that we are able to lead the way in senior care. Donations have funded library improvements, a computer center, a horticultural therapy garden, chapel renovations, special equipment needs and much more. The Davis Legacy Fund, created to support the campus’ current and future needs, reminds us that one person’s actions can create extraordinary results. Cornelia Nixon Davis, Inc. is a not for profit, 501(c) 3 organization. We are licensed in North Carolina to solicit charitable contributions.
Each donor receives a receipt and letter of thanks for the investment in our work.
GIVE NOW BUTTON
Ways to help:
- Please consider Cornelia Nixon Davis, Inc. when designating memorial or honor gifts. This is a wonderful way to thank the caring professionals that cared/care for our residents. The Donate Now button links to a donation page that allows donors to designate memorial and honor gifts and to give specific instructions for the donation.
- Become one of our “Champion” donors by pledging or donating $1000 to support the Legacy Fund and future growth. Once a donor reaches the $1000 level (or cumulative memorial gifts reach this amount) a customized memorial/honor tile is added to the Tree of Life tile wall in the Bob and Doris Burke Giggle Garden located at The Health Care Center. This original mosaic provides a public way to remember a loved one.
- Consider Cornelia Nixon Davis, Inc. in planned giving opportunities. Name our Legacy Fund in beneficiary designations, trusts or remainder interests in residences or life insurance. In many cases, deferred gifts are eligible for tax deductions today. Contact your financial advisor or let us know your interest and we will direct you to an expert who can guide you through this process.
- Make an outright gift to support one of the many building projects such as renovations of resident rooms, the expansion of our rehabilitation center, the purchase of medical equipment or campus landscaping project.
- If you cannot give the gift of money, the gift of your time is greatly appreciated. Contact our Activities and Recreation Departments for more information or join The Davis Community Auxiliary. New members are always welcomed and provide ongoing volunteer support for campus activities.
Contact Julie Rehder, Marketing and Public Relations Administrator at email@example.com or 910‑686‑8300.